[Sca-cooks] kitchen knives

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Wed Jul 31 05:17:50 PDT 2002

Also sprach Dan Phelps:
>There was a Consumer Reports article rating various kitchen knives within
>the last year.  You might be able to look it up on line at thier site or
>find the back issue in the library.
>
>Daniel Raoul

I just checked the online Consumer Reports site, and they have an
article from December 1998 (I don't know if this is the one you're
talking about). It's long and probably illegal to simply post it
here, but they seemed to feel the Wusthof Trident series was overall
best quality, with the Tramontina Professional set the best buy.

Interesting, because one of my favorite knives is a small, Tramontina
machete, with its blade trimmed down and reground...

Adamantius

deserves to be called a scholar."
	-DONALD FOSTER