[Sca-cooks] Grains for Feast?

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 31 16:58:53 PDT 2002

On Wed, 31 Jul 2002 16:18:47 -0700 lilinah at earthlink.net wrote:

> I plan on Saffron Rice during the Near Eastern
> course, but am at
> something of a loss as to what to make for the
> other two courses. I
> just don't want to do nothing but variations on
> rice. Or should i
> just make an additional vegetable dish and
> serve bread? Any
> suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Anahita

For the Catalan course, you might want to consider either cracked barley or
cracked wheat (recipes # 40 and 41 in de Nola).  Note that the second recipe
gives you the option to omit almond milk and sugar in grain pottages, and to
cook the grain in broth alone.  In light of your concern about nut allergies,
you might want to go this route.

Your partial menu looks completely yummy!

Brighid ni Chiarain