[Sca-cooks] Grains for Feast?

Karen O kareno at lewistown.net
Wed Jul 31 18:39:18 PDT 2002

I plan on Saffron Rice during the Near Eastern course, but am at something
of a loss as to what to make for the other two courses. I just don't want to
do nothing but variations on rice. Or should i
just make an additional vegetable dish and serve bread? Any suggestions?

    Since you are doing an Italian course, pasta is doable.  Maybe something
small like pepina or orzo?  a little butter & Mithzera/parmasean cheese is
simple yet very scrumptious.

    How about flatbreads?  easy enough to make, and can be done ahead of
time, froze, and re-heated on site.

Caointiarn