[Sca-cooks] Milk and Nut Allergy Questions...

Varju at aol.com Varju at aol.com
Wed Jul 31 21:26:41 PDT 2002

In a message dated 7/31/02 5:37:42 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
lilinah at earthlink.net writes:

> Are most people who are allergic to walnuts also allergic to almonds?
> Or are these very different and separate allergies?
> How common is an allergy to almonds?

It all depends.  I am allergic to both walnuts and pecans which are closely
related types of trees, but am not allergic to almonds.  I am very lucky that
I developed the allergy as an adult and know exactly which nuts I can and
can't eat.   I think the nut allergy experience is a bit different for each
person, which is what makes it so dangerous.   Beyond those bits of personal
expericence I don't have anything else to add to what others have said.

Noemi