[Sca-cooks] Warning! - computer Virus on the loose!

Susan Laing gleep001 at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 1 20:28:46 PDT 2002

Hi Everyone -

I just received a suspected virus email from a "Linda Freeman" size was
165k. Yep I was a dolt and opened it....  Luckily my clunky old computer is
running on Windows 95 and it appears I've got no damage this end (at least
after 3 hours of running virus checks I can't find anything on my harddrive)

The reason I suspect it's a virus is that the very next message was from
Amazon.com.au advising that my email had bounced as the address used was for
"mail out only".... and since I haven't got Amazon in my address files NOR
do I order from them via my home computer, then I figure somebody out there
has both my email and Amazon's email on their address list...

Just wanting to give everyone a heads up

Mari