[Sca-cooks] Good morning from Greece

Athenaeus vefthi at otenet.gr
Sat Jun 1 23:29:37 PDT 2002

Good morning from Greece.

Looking for Arabic recipes yesterday, I came upon the site of your society.

I am very sad that the distance doesn't allow me to join you.

Being a professional historian myself and coming from a country with such a heritage, it would made me very happy If I could have my persona and participate in your activities.

Never mind :-) I enjoy your sites and writings, anyway.

My hobby -well it's becoming a professional  lately- is the History of Food. I am an avid collector of old cook-books and my collection goes back many many centuries.

I hope I can participate in the discussions. I think I will spend some time reading mostly.

I just wanted to introduce myself and express my joy for being here.

Regards

Athenaeus-Greece

"Only the spoon knows what is stirring in the casserole" Athenaeus,"The Deipnosophists"