[Sca-cooks] Liberty Orchards (Aplets & Cotlets)

Dana Huffman letrada at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 3 12:00:02 PDT 2002

Glad you liked your box, Olwen.  Around here, people either
like aplets & cotlets or categorize them with Dreaded
Fruitcake -- everyone has an opinion.  I like them.

Supposedly they're a version of locoum.  There's a history
of the company at:
http://www.libertyorchards.com/newabout.asp
(The factory tour is interesting, or at least was back in
the '70s when I took it, and Cashmere is a pretty little
town worth stopping in on your way to Leavenworth, BTW.)

Those interested in slightly less common flavors might like
to look at the bottom of the page at:
http://www.libertyorchards.com/newfd.asp

I've had to drop off the list (went to "no mail") for the
time being but hope to manage an occasional peek at the
archives.  If you want to be sure to reach me, better write
me directly at either letrada at yahoo.com or
huffmand at oclc.org.  I hope by the end of the year to be in
a better position to hang out on the list again, but who
knows?

TTFN!

Dana/Ximena

=====