[Sca-cooks] A nice thing has happened....OT

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 3 16:14:34 PDT 2002

Well, folks, a very nice thing has happened today.

As some of you may know, I have a very great love for
music, and in my
meanderings about the Web, I discovered the following
website:

http://www.classicalarchives.com/index.html

It's an absolutely lovely website with a wide variety
of Classical music
available, including a fairly large selection of
pre-1600 music, as well as
recordings and such by later artists.

There is also the opportunity to subscribe for a year,
which, for $25 gives
you greater privileges and flexibility in your
downloads, and I Really
Wanted To Subscribe, to feed my music Jones, but I've
been unable to afford
to do so- being out of work for a couple of years does
that to your budget.

So, I emailed them and asked them if there was
something I might do to earn
the privileges of membership.

The CEO emailed me back, and asked for a resume. I
sent it.

Today, in my email, I was sent a gift certificate for
membership for one
year. I'm thrilled, as you can imagine. His only
request is that as I surf
the web, I look for likely sites to link to his, and
he is leaving the
number and effort entirely up to me.

This is a wonderful website, and it is obviously run
by some very nice
people- in fact, I had long since added its URL to our
Household List. If
you love music as I do, please take a look, and
perhaps subscribe. It's well
worth it.

Phlip

=====