[Sca-cooks] Stierbach event info

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 5 07:01:58 PDT 2002

> > BY THE WAY....Did I ask if you are coming to the Stierbach event???  I
> > *will* be there. ...so will Capt'n Chirhart!
> > again, Olwen
>
>When is it?
>
>Misha

Stierbach Baronial Birthday - Merriment in the Forest
June 21st-23rd, 2002
Barony of Stierbach

Banners flying, pennants waving in the summer breeze, minstrels softly
serenading, scholarly pursuit in the classroom and the usual havoc on the
List Fields! Another Birthday for Stierbach and another weekend of fun,
frolicking, feasting, and martial pursuits have been planned to lighten the
heart and bring the blush of pride to our cheeks!

Site: Stierbach will once again celebrate it's birthday at Prince William
Park, in Triangle, VAsite 4, opening at 3pm on Friday and closing at High
Noon on Sunday. Cabin camping will be available. Register early to make sure
that you get a space! The site is dry. No open flame is permitted, no tiki
torches or kerosene lanterns, however, covered candle lanterns may be used
at feast and in traveling from the main hall to cabins with care.

Feast: Taste buds will be tantalized by the able cooking mastery of Baroness
Meli and Master Chirhart. There will be a light breakfast provided. Luncheon
may be purchased for a tiny fee. There will be Hawkers strolling about with
light fair and other snacks to tempt you during the day. Feast questions
should be directed to: revsharonhenderson at earthlink.net

After the feast on Saturday, Lord Robert of Canterbury and his esteemed
Company of Players will present a 45 minute theatrical entertainment sure to
enchant us all!

Thrown Weapons: That buzzing in the air will be the throngs gathering for
the very First Kingdom Thrown Weapons Championship. The Kingdom Champion
will be selected from those participating in the various elements crafted by
our own Thrown Weapons Marshall, Lord Pao. Thrown weapons questions:
cordanij at earthlink.net

Heavy Weapons authorizations and inspections will begin at 10am. the days
martial combat will be composed of: The Little John Stream Crossing, Pair
Partners, a Castle Battle and a Field Battle. The fighting will be varied
and exciting! Their Excellencies, Baron Mika and Baroness Ursula, will also
be choosing their champions during the day. Heavy Weapons questions:
cordanij at earthlink.net

Rapier: We will also have Rapier Tournaments and a variety of shoots for the
Archers. Questions for Archers should go to Baron Nikolai at
zhdanov at earthlink.net. A&S: There will be an A&S competition and a Silent
Auction. Please contact ldyisabellemarie at yahoo.com for any donations you
wish to make or for more information about the A&S competition.

Children: We have a gallant quest for all children who want to join in the
fun. This will entail a "hide and seek" scenario along with A&S activities
in the main hall lead by our Minister of Minors, Faelen questions:
mom at stierbach.org

Cost/Reservations: $14 on site, on board, $7 on site, off board, plus $3 for
cabin camping per night. Please make checks payable to Barony of Stierbach,
SCA, Inc. Send reservations to: Lady Alys of Foxdale (Sally Montuori), 4121
Lees Corner Rd., Chantilly, VA 20151.

Merchants always enjoy Stierbach's welcome and are encouraged to attend.
Please contact the autocrat if you plan on attending. There is plenty of
outdoor space available! Please send inquiries to denise at shado.info

Emergency contact phone: 703 731-8719 from Friday 12 noon to Sunday, 3pm.

Autocrat: Baroness Rowan Berran McDowell (Denise McMahon), 46883 Rabbit Run
Terrace, Sterling, VA 20164, (703) 450-8092, email: denise at shado.info
Take I-95 to Virginia exit 152.You will be on Virginia Rt. 234 heading
towards Manassas. The Park entrance is on left, when 234 becomes a two lane
highway start looking for the signs. Look for the sign for Cabins Camp 1 and
4. Our event is in Camp 4.