[Sca-cooks] Speaking of mustard...

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Fri Jun 7 05:13:57 PDT 2002

That Lombard mustard that Jadwiga made for me (thanks, Jadwiga, it smells
even better now than it did when you gave it to me!) is pretty solidly
entrenched in the bottom half of a glass gallon jar.  As in, immovable.
Someone had stuck the end of a wooden spoon in it over the weekend and the
hole hasn't closed up.
Now, I'd like to thin this out a bit, and we had decided over the weekend
that it needs more vinegar anyway.  It certainly isn't possible to stir
anything into it in its current state.  My thought is to loosen the lid,
gently heat the jar in simmering water to soften the honey, and then add the
vinegar and allow it to cool before sealing the jar again.  Does this sound
like a feasible plan?  Or does anyone have any suggestions?

Brangwayna Morgan