[Sca-cooks] period quilting

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Fri Jun 7 22:05:59 PDT 2002

Margarite exclaimed:
> We haven't really started looking
> but I've been think about learning to quilt so I should be well supplied.

I don't know if you are thinking about this strictly in a mundane
sense or whether you might also be considering it as an SCA hobby
or might just be interested in knowing about period quilting.

Anyway, you might want to take a look at these two files in the
Florilegium:
quilting-msg      (39K) 11/16/99    Quilting in period.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/TEXTILES/quilting-msg.html
Hist-of-Quilt-art (36K)  3/30/99    Quilting and applique class notes and
                                       biblio. by Lady Bianca Rose Byrnes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/TEXTILES/Hist-of-Quilt-art.html

There's also this file if you wish to use up that cubic yard of yarn:
knitting-msg      (68K)  5/28/02    Period knitting.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/TEXTILES/knitting-msg.html
p-knitting-bib     (9K)  9/20/99    Period knitting bibliography by Lady Ingvild
                                       Josefsdatter (Nancy Spies).
http://www.florilegium.org/files/TEXTILES/p-knitting-bib.html

Stefan
(who's got something for everybody...)