[Sca-cooks] New Restaurant Depot opened

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 11 11:19:25 PDT 2002

Hey all you lucky folks who live down near Alexandria Virginia.  Yup.  A
Restaurant Depot opened up there just recently.  I was talking to Rich (the
manager of the one by me) about the high increase in price on almond paste
and he mentioned the new store to me.  Take a look around for it.  I believe
he said it was on Eisenhower but I didn't really take note.  Remember,
membership is free.  You just have to take in your tax number documentation.

Yeah.  When Orlaith and friends came over to shop at the Depot last
saturday, I saw the price of almond paste had jumped from $17 to $21!  I was
standing there saying over and over "The price is so high! The price is so
high!" while Orlaith was saying "That's the case price, the per can price is
only $21".  Then I explained that *was* what I was talking about!!  Today
Rich (the manager) looked it up for me and was really surprized to find that
*his* cost was now $17.94 per can!  That is more than what he was selling it
for~!  Well, waddaya gonna do?

Oh,  Who is going to go to the Stierbach event the weekend of the 23rd?  I'd
love for you to drop in the kitchen and give me a hello hug!

Lady Olwen the Odd
Clan of Odds
House Blackstar
Bright Hills Cooks Guild