[Sca-cooks] re: New Restaurant Depot opened

Nelson Beth grdygirl at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 11 14:38:03 PDT 2002

Wha...huh?  A new Resturant Depot between me and my
parent's house???  Oh goody...someplace I can get into
trouble that's not out of the way!

This could be a good thing as I've just been asked to
make 2 wedding cakes this year with possibly one next
year.

Orlaith

Hey all you lucky folks who live down near Alexandria
Virginia.  Yup.
Restaurant Depot opened up there just recently.  I was
talking to Rich
(the
manager of the one by me) about the high increase in
price on almond
paste
and he mentioned the new store to me.  Take a look
around for it.  I
believ=
he said it was on Eisenhower but I didn't really take
note.  Remember,
membership is free.  You just have to take in your tax
number
documentation=
.

Yeah.  When Orlaith and friends came over to shop at
the Depot last
saturday, I saw the price of almond paste had jumped
from $17 to $21!
I wa=
standing there saying over and over "The price is so
high! The price is
so
high!" while Orlaith was saying "That's the case
price, the per can
price i=
only $21".  Then I explained that *was* what I was
talking about!!
Today
Rich (the manager) looked it up for me and was really
surprized to find
tha=
*his* cost was now $17.94 per can!  That is more than
what he was
selling i=
for~!  Well, waddaya gonna do?

Oh,  Who is going to go to the Stierbach event the
weekend of the 23rd?
I'=
love for you to drop in the kitchen and give me a
hello hug!

Lady Olwen the Odd
Clan of Odds
House Blackstar