[Sca-cooks] Romanian period recipes

Patrick Levesque pleves1 at PO-BOX.McGill.Ca
Tue Jun 11 11:49:29 PDT 2002

Greetings All!

I am trying to make a feast set in the late-period Romanian principalities
(Moldavia, Wallachia, Transylvannia) and I'm desperately looking for actual
recipes. I've only been able to locate so far a book called "The Story of
Romanian Gastronomy" which may have information on period cookery.
Unfortunately, the only copy that seems to exist in North America so far is
in the library of congress, and that's a bit too far away from Montreal...

Does anybody has any information on this book, or any other potential
reference to period romanian cookery?

Thanks!

YIS

Petru "cel Paros" Voda