[Sca-cooks] food allergies in cooks

Marilyn Traber marilyn.traber.jsfm at statefarm.com
Wed Jun 12 05:57:37 PDT 2002

Try working in a professional setting for 3 years while being mortally
allergic to mushrooms. I have to put on gloves to handle them. The smell of
them if I get a close and solid whiff can make me nausious. Eating them
directly will put me in the emergency room. So far I have survived. Eating
something cross contaminated like a salad with them picked out or a pizza
with one shroom on a corner can make me spend the next hour in the bathroom
very unpleasantly. I haven't opened my refrigerator since my husband put the
leftover spaghetti sauce in there over the weekend, and I probably wont for
about a week after it is out of there. I know I won't be doing anything that
was in an open container like the milk or the cheese.
margali

the quote starts here:
This is getting bad when the cooks are allergic to certain foods.  Mine is =
watermelon.  Yeah I know I get to miss out on spiked watermelon.  I know of=
 three people allergic to mushrooms, one to pineapple, and one to tequilla =
just in the SCA.  Life gets to be fun when you have to watch what you eat. =
 I should know, I discovered Watermelon in an alcohlic form by accident dri=
nking, nasty when you want to be sick.  I didn't drink that concection anym=
ore.  Then I found out what was in the drink, I now know of something else =
that I won't touch.

We are what we eat,
Aurore