[Sca-cooks] peanuts/Nothwest Growing Season...!

Solstice Studios solstice at moscow.com
Wed Jun 19 08:33:34 PDT 2002

> For those in the South wondering why I'm so excited about Lemons.....  I
> live in Idaho and am growing a small lemon tree in my sewing room, up here
> that's actually pretty difficult <g>
>
> Kristianne
> Wolf Song Day Spa & Herb Shop

Ain't that the TROOOTH?!?  This year has been HORRID in North Idaho. Our Wine
makers are WHINE makers this year.... hot, snow, hot, snow.

We actually have both the furnace and heater AND fans in our houses.  It is not
unheard of too need them both in one day!

It was snowing a week and a half ago-- one of big brewers and vitners got 8
inches of snow on her things. Our plums got it too, and the bees who
pollinate....then it got to be upper 90's. HOT hot HOT. Then it got cold
again...almost but not quite snowing.

This weather is just plain annoying!

>  Says she
> > brought about 10? lbs. of them (peanuts, not family, you weirdos) back
> > with her on the plane <g>.  She boiled them up, up here, and brought in
> > this large container of them to work, and shared.....

One thing I learned-- you have to be sure to warn people ahead of time that you
still SHELL them. People will pop them in whole and it gets a little splintery
that way.