[Sca-cooks] OT, OOP: Looking for a power source

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Thu Jun 27 07:49:50 PDT 2002

I know that this is off topic, etc. for the Cooks' List, but you all seem to have such a wide variety of knowledge I thought you might be able to help.

Phillip (my S.O., for those of you who don't know) has been using a CPAP machine to help him sleep for the past 9 months or so...and it has proved VERY beneficial, not only for him but for me (he doesn't snore anymore!!!).  He would like to be able to use it at Pennsic, but needs to find some kind of battery pack to plug it in to as we don't have electricity in our camp.  Any suggestions?  It would need to be 110V and run for 8 - 10 hours before needing a recharge.  It would also be helpful if it could recharge fully during the day...we would ask the folks at Chirurgeon's Point to charge it for us.

If you have any ideas/thoughts, please let me know.

Kiri