[Sca-cooks] Frozen penis

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 28 06:42:00 PDT 2002

Get your minds out of the gutter!  You, in the back, stop that
snickering!  This is a serious culinary question.

I was in a local Asian grocery store last night, browsing for posible
feast ingredients.  In the freezer case, near the squab and the
rabbits, were packages labelled simply, "penis".  They contained
cross-section slices about 2 inches in diameter.  I really don't think
they'll be appearing on my feast table, but I found myself wondering
about something.  I don't remember seeing period recipes for penis,
though there are recipes for nearly every other part of edible
mammals.  I've seen recipes for brains, spleen, testicles, ears, and
tails, but none for penis.  Have I overlooked something, or is there a
reason why this part of the anatomy would have been omitted from
the cookbooks?  (And if it's not generally considered edible, why
was it being sold?)  And what kind of beast was it from, anyhow?

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net