[Sca-cooks] Hotel interested in period food

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 29 07:13:39 PDT 2002

My lady, Selene, is co-hosting the Known World Academy of the
Rapier in October this year. It will be a a nice hotel here
in Phoenix. Yesterday they had a meeting to discuss the food
and other functions the hotel will be providing. The event
coordinator for the hotel actually did some research into our
little group and suggested that they serve "period" food at
the event. She was thinking Renaissance fare (turkey legs,
funnel cakes, etc...) but when Selene informed her about
some of the realities the hotel lady asked if she knew any
experts on the subject. To be fair, Selene was a bit reluctant
to mention this to me, I tend to giggle and rub my hands together
a lot. But the head chef of the hotel is willing to talk to
me about making some period goodies for the event.

These will be mainly buffet style noshes for the attendees,
which will include not only rapier folk but also dance and
Royalty since there is a Estrella War treaty meeting going
on at the same time.

This sounds just too good to be true.
Heh..heh...heh.

I have some ideas of what I want to present, but I'm also opening
the floor up to y'all. What would you like to see presented.
I'm thinking mainly late period recipes and stuff that is basically
finger food or at least small bites. I'm going to be hitting the
books for ideas but thought you would like to have fun with it
as well.

Gloating,

Gunthar