[Sca-cooks] Good morning from Greece

Karen O kareno at lewistown.net
Sun Jun 2 08:38:39 PDT 2002

> Good morning from Greece.
> Looking for Arabic recipes yesterday, I came upon the site of your
society.
> My hobby -well it's becoming a professional  lately- is the History of
Food. I am an avid collector of old cook-books and my collection goes back
many many centuries.
> I hope I can participate in the discussions. I think I will spend some
time reading mostly.
> I just wanted to introduce myself and express my joy for being here. <

    Welcome! Athenaeus!!

    Glad to have you!  This very weekend I am putting the final touches on a
menu for a weekend mid-July.   I'm focusing on
Moorish/Spanish/Portuguese/Italian (Napoli).   Someday I'd like to do a
Feast featuring Greek, and the Eastern Mediterranean.

    Like "Lainie, I 'm envious of your historic cookbook collection.

    Jump right in with questions & comments, we're all friendly  -- a bit
rowdy at times,  but it's all for sharing information & friendship.  Back to
the books & the tallies.

    Caointiarn
living in the center of Montana, USA