[Sca-cooks] Byzantine Cooking was Good morning from Greece

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon Jun 3 07:34:01 PDT 2002

Actually the volume may be on the way that will
help plug this hole...
Andrew Dalby, THE FLAVOURS OF BYZANTIUM, ISBN 1-903018-14-5.
Tom Jaine at Prospect Books has put up the following:
"The price looks like £25.00, cloth bound.
Andrew Dalby seems pretty bullish about completion
of the text and there is not usually much subsequent
work to do on his copy (an ideal author), so
this may well be autumn 2002."
Another forthcoming title from Prospect is:
Sally Grainger & Chris Grocock, APICIUS, ISBN 1-903018-13-7.
"This is a big book; the price will be at least £35.00,
 cloth bound. I think the authors/editors have
quite a lot of work and quite a lot of other commitments,
 so we must be patient about the arrival
 of the text. I may need to be quite rich, too,
 to publish it. Probably 2003/4 is realistic."

Johnna Holloway  Johnnae llyn Lewis