[Sca-cooks] Re: [Sca-cooks]Apicius and forthcoming was Byzantine Cooking

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue Jun 4 07:06:05 PDT 2002

No, No, No....librarian's sigh....
maybe I need more caffeine this am but I
thought that it was pretty clear in the original
posting that the only reason
I  mentioned the Apicius title was because
this was the latest information from Tom Jaine
with regard to where it was and when it would be
out. Both are forthcoming Prospect Books titles
that I had mentioned previously.

I never intended that the Apicius title had
anything to do with Byzantine... it had to do with
forthcoming books... but somehow creating a subject
line that read
Re: [Sca-cooks] Byzantine Cooking and Apicius was
Good Morning from Greece
or maybe
 [Sca-cooks] Byzantine/Roman Books was Good morning from Greece
or maybe
 [Sca-cooks] Dalby on Byzantine/forthcoming Apicius was
 Good morning from Greece
or somehow posting two messages one for the Dalby and
one for the Apicius seemed silly, especially since both are
still forthcoming from the same press.

Johnna Holloway   Johnnae llyn Lewis

> Johnna Holloway commented:
> > Another forthcoming title from Prospect is:
> > Sally Grainger & Chris Grocock, APICIUS, ISBN 1-903018-13-7.
> > snipped Probably 2003/4 is realistic."
> Stefan li Rous wrote:
> Hmmm. Okay. However, was Apicius in the Byzantine Empire or in the
> western half of the Roman Empire? I can't remember if this was
> discussed here previously. Perhaps I just assume that with the
> comments about "Roman" cooking, despite the claims of those in
> Byzantine of being "Romans", that he was from the western half of
> things.>
> Adamantius, any comments?
---------
snipped But
whoever Apicius was, and whether or not he wrote a cookbook, he is
believed to be Western Empire. snipped.... Adamantius