[Sca-cooks] Queston For Stefan

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 5 07:39:08 PDT 2002

--- Stefan li Rous <stefan at texas.net> wrote:
> 4) Some period spice mixes in neat little glass jars
> with clmap lids
> and rubber gaskets. The spice mixtures include:
> Fine Spice Powder
> Sweet Spice Powder
> Strong Black Spice
> Douce
>
> Now to figure out how best to use these spice
> mixtures, in period
> as well as modern foods.

Stefan, as a suggestion, I have several modern recipes
that I use to test spice mixtures with. You might want
to set up something similar- they're all recipes that
I've done so many times, I can do them in my sleep, so
any variant in spices, and the effects, are instantly
recognizable. I'm sure you've got a few, too.

Phlip

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,