[Sca-cooks] Peer Cookery

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 6 13:09:04 PDT 2002

>Y'know, I am sure this is supposed to be funny, and this
>will not be the first time I have been accused of not
>having a sense of humor. BUT! I find this revolting, not
>funny at all and insulting at best. Now, maybe
>I am being entirely too thin skinned, but humor that
>involves inflicting pain is not funny. It is vicious and
>demeaning to all concerned.

This has been posted to the Cook's list before and we all
understood it was meant to be amusing and a bit of a social
commentary on our Society. As a Peer myself, I was not offended
or particularly shocked by it. Neither were the other Peers.

It was clearly meant to be humorous and, although a bit
acidic, wasn't anything to be offended over. I'm sorry you found
this to be disturbing but it was far milder than some of the
real-life topics that have been discussed here.

>MD/Marged

Gunthar