[Sca-cooks] Peer Cookery

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 6 13:47:53 PDT 2002

--- Mary Denise Smith <costumemag at costumemag.com>
skrev:
> To the List:
>
> I think I am being too thin skinned here. Please
> accept my apologies.
>
> MD/Marged

You may be- or, we may be being a bit too rowdy.
Please try to understand that for the most part, we're
a group of friends with a passion for Period Cookery,
and we know each other fairly well, and are always
looking for a good laugh- not of cruelty, because I
think none of us are cruel, but because good friends
of mutual interests tend to share jokes bearing on
that mutual interest.

If you really want to hear rowdy, wait until medical
types get together- there, we run into the nastiest of
human conditions, and sometimes a rude joke, or a
NSTIW story is the only way to break the tension, and
allow us to continue dealing with many of life's
unpleasantnesses. Does an MD or RN telling a story
about that idiot who inserted a what?, where? make
them a bad medical pro? No- in fact, it just might be
the little thing that keeps them working after
treating a schoolbus of children, hit by a train.

In a similar sense, often the stress of certain
aspects of SCA can be too much- after all, we do this
for fun, right? But sometimes, we just need a break,
an encounter with the ridiculous, to help keep us
keeping on.

I feel no appology is needed- sometimes we're all a
bit tired, and can take things a bit wrongly. Just
relax, prop your feet up under this here Rock, have a
cold one, and maybe a marzipan hamburger cold off the
marzipan grill, with real, glowing marzipan coals (how
does she DO that), and enjoy ;-)

Phlip

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,