[Sca-cooks] Request of gentles in the SouthWest (OT)

Barbara Benson vox8 at mindspring.com
Thu Jun 6 19:57:02 PDT 2002

Greetings,

I have a request of the good gentles on this list that reside in the
SouthWestern portions of this fair Country.

My mother and I will be undertaking a journey from here in Atlanta to
Kingman, Arizona. We will definitly be passing through Northern Lousiana and
then toodlin' through the upper part of Texas.

We are allowing about a week there and a week back because my mother wants
to be able to stop at "interesting" places along the way (she said something
about the world's largest ball of twine) think Nat'l Lampoons Vacation here!

I am looking for suggestions as to interesting places to stop and visit that
might be a bit off of the typical tourist traps. I personally would love to
go to some really nice gardens/botanical gardens. Mom has said she really
wants to see the Alamo. We are also definitly going to go to Santa Fe, and
she babbled a bit about Route 66.

And as always, suggestions towards really good places to eat that will not
break the bank would be great. My mother loves BBQ.

Great thanks, and pardon the off topicness of this. I just thought that the
people here would have some good suggestions.

Glad Tidings,
Serena da Riva