[Sca-cooks] Midrealm Ruled by BOOKS!

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Fri Jun 7 00:00:07 PDT 2002

At 01:41 AM 6/7/02 -0500, you wrote:
>'Lainie replied to me with:

>> His name is _Edouard_ and he is a packrat. (And a very cute packrat, too!)
>> He actually probably knows exactly where it is, but it is likely to be
>> three layers down, underneath 400 pounds of other Stuff.
>
>Yes, sorry. But at 1:45 AM I couldn't remember exactly how he spelled
>his name, but I did remember it was a funny spelling of Edward. :-)

Hmph. Do you ever sleep Stefan? Sometimes I worry about you.

>> >I just need a bigger house, that's it.
>>
>> Yup. Winchester- the name is Winchester, right? ;-D)
>
>Nope. I'm not that crazy. Nor that rich. And too cheap to
>create rooms with no entrances.

But it's fun to dream... could tell my son- "Your room is over there-" "But
there's no door!" "Ah! But if there is no door, then it cannot be closed to
you! Meditate upon this, my padwan learner..."  (Yes, I am an EEEVIL mommy)

>The next house is either going to have a lot of built in bookcases
>or room to add my own.

Extra rooms. I want a library/workroom. Bookcases all around, large work
areas, some of those tall library tables with the footrail, a fireplace,
leather furniture (the kind with the brass tacked edges) and a dangerously
dashing man with a moustache sitting in the wing chair with one eyebrow
raised, as if to say "While you're up, will you get me a cuppa too?"

>> And sometimes I find books I forgot I owned. That's cool.
>
>Ever found out after buying a book that you already owned a copy?

Only twice, and that was because I'd loaned them out, went back for them
and thought Oh! I guess I don't have a copy! and then later... now when I
can't find something, I have to ask Edouard "Hey! Do you have my
Backhouse?" which he does... and my Brown, and several other of my books...
It's ok. I know where he lives. ;-)

'Lainie