[Sca-cooks] Midrealm Ruled by BOOKS!

Karyn Schmidt karyn at triwest.net
Fri Jun 7 05:05:14 PDT 2002

> > And sometimes I find books I forgot I owned. That's
cool.

> Ever found out after buying a book that you already owned
a copy?

Now THAT was cruel!  As one who is addicted to mysteries in
series (mostly medieval, some cooking oriented, one
stitchery one (because I wonder if SCA will come to
Excelsior MN)and of course the Cat Who...) and who knows how
fast books go out of print, I've done that LOTS.
I donate them to the library -- which hardly ever turns me
down because I'm allegedly the boss there.
I could see the Ettrick Public Library specializing in
obscure foreign-language cookbooks as well as medieval
murder mysteries. Sure I could. 8-)
Apicius -- that's one of John Grisham's earlier pseudonyms.
Honestly, Diane Mott Davidson just forgot to put the mystery
in -- but just look at the recipes!  Yup. I could do that.
Kudrun þe Librarian