[Sca-cooks] Peer Cookery

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Fri Jun 7 06:04:34 PDT 2002

And, perhaps, I have a weird sense of humor, but I thought it quite amusing.
It was the first e-mail I read this morning....and was exactly what I needed
to start the day off.  We had received some bad news last night...the Wye
Oak, what we refer to as our "Witness Tree" because it witnessed the
founding of our state, was destroyed in a very powerful storm yesterday.
The tree was over 460 years old (That means that it actually started growing
in period!!!), and was the oldest white oak in the US.

Kiri