[Sca-cooks] Midrealm Ruled by BOOKS!

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 7 09:45:08 PDT 2002

Stefan li Rous wrote:
>  > And sometimes I find books I forgot I owned. That's cool.
>
>Ever found out after buying a book that you already owned a copy?

Oh, yeah. Oh, yeah.

Sometimes i think i've lost a book so i buy a duplicate.
Sometimes i don't remember owning a book, so i buy what turns out to
be a duplicate.
Sometimes the publisher changes the title and cover and reissues a
book, so i think that it is new, but it turns out to be a
duplicate... SIGH

I only own two chairs, because I don't really like sitting in chairs.
One rolls between my computer and my sewing machine which are set at
right angles to each other.

The other is comfy, but mostly decorative - Marcel Breuer's "Vassily"
chair, named after the Russian artist, Vassily Kandinsky - lots of
bent chrome - mine has canvas seat, arms, and back - the original was
black and white pony.

I don't need much furniture - a computer, a sewing machine, a
mattress, a stove, a refrigerator (do those count as furniture?).
But, books... can't live without them!!!

I have no room to hang art on the walls, because all the walls are
covered with bookshelves where they don't have windows and doors (and
clothing storage units)... well, except in the bathroom... And there
are towers of books stacked on the floor in front of bookshelves, and
boxes of books stacked under the windows...

Anahita