[Sca-cooks] Request of gentles in the SouthWest (OT)

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Fri Jun 7 11:11:18 PDT 2002

I helped 75 4th graders do state reports last
year. We found bizarre stuff... take a look
at these websites and links---
See: http://www.eccentricamerica.com/websites.htm
http://www.roadsideamerica.com/
http://www.usatourist.com/english/places/arizona/route66.html

You may want to check out Charles Kuralt's On the Road
books if she would like that sort of stuff. Should still
be in a public library collection near you.

For BBQ-- in Texas-- see these titles:
Legends of Texas Barbecue Cookbook:
Recipes and Recollections from the Pit Bosses
by Robb Walsh. new 2002.
Celebrating Barbecue : The Ultimate Guide to
America's Four Regional Styles of Cue
by Dotty Griffith. new 2002.
and the old reliable--
Roadfood: The Coast-to-Coast Guide to 500
of the Best Barbeque Joints, Lobster Shacks,
Ice Cream Parlors, Highway Diners, and Much
More   by Jane and Michael Stern. new ed. 2002.

Hope this helps.

Johnna Holloway  Johnnae llyn Lewis

Barbara Benson wrote: regarding a roadtrip--snipped
 My mother and I will be undertaking a journey from here in Atlanta to