[Sca-cooks] Recipe for fried avocado from Trudy's North Star

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Jun 11 05:03:18 PDT 2002

Also sprach Craig Jones.:
>Hmmm.  Deep-fried Avocado with melted cheese... I'm having trouble
>thinking of a meal with a higher fat content here...

On the SCA Laurel's List the other day (at least I _think_ that's
where it was) there was a discussion of some Texas barbecue
restaurant's specialty of...

[Da-DUMMMMMM!!!]

...Chicken-fried Bacon.

It's unclear to me whether this is fresh pork belly being breaded and
fried and served with a creamy gravy, or actual cured bacon. It
almost doesn't matter.

Then again, I larffed my bew-tox off when Dr. Atkins announced his
amazing new snack for low-carb dieters: the chicharrone. See, you
take pork belly, rind-on, or in extreme cases, rind-on fatback, and
after acquainting it with some lime juice, garlic and such, you score
it with a knife and deep-fry it until crunchy.

Maybe that's some kinda ethnic food from Dr. Atkins' home culture? He
always did look like some kind of sinister foreigner to me ;-).

Adamantius