[Sca-cooks] Recipe for fried avocado from Trudy's North Star

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 11 08:39:42 PDT 2002

--- Philip & Susan Troy <troy at asan.com> wrote:
> [Da-DUMMMMMM!!!]
>
> ...Chicken-fried Bacon.
>
> It's unclear to me whether this is fresh pork belly
> being breaded and
> fried and served with a creamy gravy, or actual
> cured bacon. It
> almost doesn't matter.

Actually, deep frying bacon is a viable technique. If
you save your bacon fat, you can throw your "fresh"
bacon into the heated fat, and it renders down into
(if you go that far) lovely, crunchy, bacon slices,
without the odd little burned and slightly undercooked
bits on the slices that you get, when you're trying to
fry bacon as part of 47 other things you're doing
simultaneously. Yes, I know, it's quite possible to
fry bacon to perfection in a frying pan, but this is a
useful technique if you want one less thing to keep a
close eye on, particularly if you're cooking in
quantity.

Phlip, who likes her bacon by the pound ;-)

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,