[Sca-cooks] Re:Olaf's Pennsic party was Some list members pictures!

Sudden Service #5 sudnserv5 at netway.com
Tue Jun 11 07:24:26 PDT 2002

Hej!
    Having lived in my tent for most of 2 years at one point (I was on the
road as a SCA/Rendezvous/Ren Faire merchant), I decided to get a heating
system for it for those cold nights camping here in the North East.  The
best examples of tent stoves I have seen are from Four Dog Stove Co.  (25909
Variolite St NW, St. Francis, MN 55070   612-444-9587).  The stove pipe goes
out the side of the tent through a fire proof collar.  The stove I am
getting will keep a large tent (mine is 15' x 18' x 6' 6") toasty warm on a
snowy night, according to friends who have camped through snow storms.  You
can also cook on it.   It is out of period for a Norseman, but I also don't
have the money for the Bearskin sleeping bag that is period for me.
    I hadn't decided which night to have the party, any suggestions?  I
don't do camp crawls so most any night would be good for me.
Pax,
Olaf