Chocolate declarations was Re: [Sca-cooks] RE: Re: Some list members pictures!

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 11 08:17:16 PDT 2002

Bronwynmgn wrote:

> You know, I really dislike this particular strategem.  I know a lot of cooks
> like to play with chocolate, and find it a really easy way to make subtleties
> and such, but darn it, there's enough cool stuff available in period to
> ignore it and do something that is better recreation.

This line of reasoning may disgruntle you even more:
King Adrian Buchanan [of happy memory], circa A.S. 16, reasoned thusly:
Carob is period. [C=>P]
Modern merchants market Carob as a substitute for Chocolate [C=H]
Therefore, Chocolate may be deemed as a substitute for Carob [H=C]
So we called it "imitation Carob" or better-phrased yet, "Mock St. John's Bread"
and ate it anyway.

Selene, Caid