[Sca-cooks] Food Allergies

Aurore Gaudin Aurore at hot.rr.com
Tue Jun 11 16:31:48 PDT 2002

>Problem is, I could just DIE for some avocado! I could eat it, then
my
>mouth feels funny and itchy and my throat feels funny and itchy, and
I get
>the cold sweat, and next thing I know I'm gagging and choking and I
can't
>breathe...

That's really strange because I know 2 people (one on this list) that
have quite severe allergic reactions to advocado with the same
symptoms...

This is getting bad when the cooks are allergic to certain foods.  Mine is watermelon.  Yeah I know I get to miss out on spiked watermelon.  I know of three people allergic to mushrooms, one to pineapple, and one to tequilla just in the SCA.  Life gets to be fun when you have to watch what you eat.  I should know, I discovered Watermelon in an alcohlic form by accident drinking, nasty when you want to be sick.  I didn't drink that concection anymore.  Then I found out what was in the drink, I now know of something else that I won't touch.

We are what we eat,
Aurore