[Sca-cooks] Food Allergies

margaret m.p.decker at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jun 12 02:38:49 PDT 2002

Huette said
I am allergic to capsicom peppers.  I have developed
this allergy recently and it isn't due to any lack of
enzymes.  Yes, my first symptoms are diarrhea, but if
I persist on eating them, I then develop a rash and
then blisters on my legs.  I have seen an allergist.
He says that I have an allergy.

That's about what my experience has been. Unfortunately here in Oklahoma
they put green peppers in nearly everything at a lot of restaraunts so I've
had to learn to ask and I still get served food with pimento in it. If I
only ingest a bite, I'll be uncomfortable the rest of the evening but much
more than that and its off to thr ER. The last time it happened in a place
where the manager was aware of how allergies work and she was extremely
upset (i had asked but the waitress forgot about the dressing on the salad).
Since one taste was all it took to identify the presence, I was all right.
Fortuneately capsicom has a very distinct flavor so its easy to spot.
Margarite