[Sca-cooks] Food Allergies

Seton1355 at aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Wed Jun 12 08:08:32 PDT 2002

Avraham,
I understand what you are saying but if a person has a bad reaction to a food
stuff, let's say, <drink milk = get diarrhea> then even though it is not a
*true allergy* it is often easier to say, "No thanks I am allergic" than go
into a whole explanation of what will happen if you ingest the milk.

Too often, if you just say "No thanks", people want to know why and then they
just want too much personal info that you might not be willing to give at all
or discuss at the moment. (Or maybe I just know too many yentas)  So saying
"No thanks, I;m allergic", is just the simple way out.
Phillipa