[Sca-cooks] Food Allergies

Avraham haRofeh goldberg at bestweb.net
Wed Jun 12 15:29:54 PDT 2002

> I understand what you are saying but if a person has a bad reaction to a
food
> stuff, let's say, <drink milk = get diarrhea> then even though it is not a
> *true allergy* it is often easier to say, "No thanks I am allergic" than
go
> into a whole explanation of what will happen if you ingest the milk.

Certainly, in this instance, you are correct. I am more of the mind of
people who mistake normal/expected side effects for allergy, such as the
"Benadryl makes me sleepy, therefore I am allergic to it" - and that, we
generally find intensely amusing.

Avraham

Avraham haRofeh of Northpass
     (mka Randy Goldberg MD)
OBTag: You have a deep interest in all that is artistic.