[Sca-cooks] Pennsic Potluck

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 15 12:19:25 PDT 2002

--- Michelle Gilyeat <mikeylou2 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> the wild thing is that last year I remember Olwen
> saying something
> about the SPCA camp and never really knew who she
> meant.  :)

Well, most of us are members of Cook's List, and Very
Seriously interested in period foods and related
topics. We've formed a Household, and we want to do
several things, including study period cookery, be
available for hospitality for Cooks List members from
areas farther away, available for feeding the needy-
broke college kids, storm victims, robbery victims
(yes, unfortunately there's at least one every War),
and we also have a strong thread of service, where our
members donate their time to help at Pennsic.

> I like the idea of the 12th.  I'll just tell Jerry
> that he has to
> cook something.  I really had to bribe him to get
> him to go to
> Pennsic this year.  I told him he could brew
> again....

Well, we definitely need to have him appear. One of
our members brewed two Masterworks last War, and will
be brewing again this War. We're also working out a
Treaty Alliance with another Household, who has a very
fine brewer, who doesn't do competitions, but turns
out some Really Nice Brews. We also have frequent
visits from Jehan Yves, Max, and occasionally Ateno,
all of whom do some excellent work with meads.

After all, what could be more natural, than fine food,
and good brews ;-)

So, Olwen, kick their tails out of camp and send them
our way, for sure. Adamantius is helping me set up a
map that even Gunthar ought to be able to read ;-)

Phlip

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,