[Sca-cooks] Pennsic Potluck

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 15 19:37:09 PDT 2002

--- johnna holloway <johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu>
wrote:
> You all are taking the wrong approach... you have
> to promise them the best foods ever and the best
> stories
> and the best drinks and the best company... make
> them
> feel like they are going to miss just the best of
> times,
> the best party in decades...
>
> Johnnae Johnna Holloway
> (and no I will not be there either...)
>
> Olwen the Odd wrote:
> > So, Gunthar said he's not coming this year and
> Adamantius too.  No show.  I
> > suppose we all better just bring cameras.  That'll
> show em. (why they should
> > never show up...)
> > Olwen

Well, Gunthar does show up occasionally, else I
wouldn't tease him about those cute white tights, but
I get the impression that he's trying to get settled
in his new home, with his new job. Understandable, if
not particularly forgivable....

Adamantius, on the other hand....

I've been trying to get his silly self to Pennsic ever
since I met him, but he refuses to come. I'm seriously
considering a mid-Pennsic Expedition and Kidnapping.
So far his excuses have included, no transportation,
kid too young, and currently he needs electricity to
run his nightly machine- trust me, all that can be
overcome, but until he wants to come, there's not much
we can do.

Ideas, folks? Between us, I'm sure we can deal with
any new excuses he comes up with...

Phlip

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,