[Sca-cooks] possets

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Sun Jun 16 19:09:27 PDT 2002

This one sounds good.  The problem with heating red wine is that it starts
to taste rather, well, bitter isn't exactly the word, metalic maybe, I don't
know, just not right.  I think the white wine might not have that same
problem. Sounds good, I'll have to give it a try.
Christianna

> Clarea, from de Nola, is a spiced and sweetened wine drink that is made
with white wine.  Here's my translation:
> SPICES FOR CLAREA
> Three parts cinnamon, two parts cloves, one part ginger, all ground and
strained through a sieve, and for one azumbre of white wine, put an ounce of
spices with a pound of honey, well-mixed and strained through your sleeve of
good thick linen, and strained through it often enough that the wine comes
out clear.