[Sca-cooks] fighter bisquit recipe

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Sun Jun 16 19:49:39 PDT 2002

Played librarian and Found them online at:
http://calontir.sca.org/marshal/soup-ti.html

FIGHTER BISCUITS

            Fighter Biscuits are not only popular with the Falcon Army,
they are served as mundane cocktail
party appetizers -- I think that is where the recipe originally came
from.  Their main drawback is the fact
that due to the sausage in the mix, they should be kept cold.  They also
require a lot of arm strength to
mix.   My records show that 40 fighters used 1-1/2  gallon-sized bags of
Fighter Biscuits per day at Pennsic
XXV.

                                    FIGHTER BISCUIT RECIPE

            Andreas of Green Village gave the recipe to Sarra, who gave
it to my lady mother Baroness Finola
O'Clary who fine-tuned it.

Ingredients:
1# Velveeta cheese
1# raw sausage
1#  (4 dry cups) Bisquick mix

            Mix the ingredients.  It is much easier if the sausage is
thawed, and the cheese has been softened (not
cooked) in a microwave.  If this is not possible, kibble the cheese fine
and have a strong person help you
stir.

Heat the oven to 350deg F.  Mold spoonfuls of the mix into balls and
place on ungreased cookie sheets.
The biscuits will not expand in cooking, be advised.  Cook for 15-17
minutes, or until lightly browned.
Watch this until you are used to it.  Remove and cool.

            This recipe is very salt and cholesterol-heavy.  Favorable
results have been reported by people
using low-sodium Bisquick, turkey sausage etc.

Is this what they want?

Johnna Holloway  Johnnae llyn Lewis