[Sca-cooks] Khushkananaj (was: Around the Mediterranean...)

Avraham haRofeh goldberg at bestweb.net
Mon Jun 17 15:59:44 PDT 2002

> >  >  > Or you could make khushkananaj. It isn't baklava, but I have had
> >
> >How long will the khushkananaj keep? How best to store it so it does
keep?

> >Avraham
>
> It's best fresh, but we've kept it for a couple of weeks and had it
> still pretty good. It's probably best not to cut it if you plan to
> keep it for a while, and to keep it in a reasonably well sealed
> container--but I've never actually done experiments to compare how
> long it keeps under various circumstances.

I'm looking for something I can make at home a day or two before I leave for
Pennsic that will keep until the Cook's Potluck - which should be Monday, I
think. Sounds like this will work. Thanks!

Avraham

Avraham haRofeh of Northpass
     (mka Randy Goldberg MD)
OBTag: The future not being born, my friend, we will abstain from baptizing
it. -- George Meredith