[Sca-cooks] Khushkananaj (was: Around the Mediterranean...)

david friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Mon Jun 17 09:26:59 PDT 2002

>  >  > Or you could make khushkananaj. It isn't baklava, but I have had
>>>   someone asking me for the recipe describe it to me as "a kind of dry
>>>   baklava". It might be close enough to make him happy.
>
>How long will the khushkananaj keep? How best to store it so it does keep?
>
>Avraham

It's best fresh, but we've kept it for a couple of weeks and had it
still pretty good. It's probably best not to cut it if you plan to
keep it for a while, and to keep it in a reasonably well sealed
container--but I've never actually done experiments to compare how
long it keeps under various circumstances.

You can also freeze it, if you are keeping it at home rather than at an event.
--
David/Cariadoc
http://www.daviddfriedman.com/