[Sca-cooks] Boiled peanuts/down home cookin'

Avraham haRofeh goldberg at bestweb.net
Wed Jun 19 04:18:19 PDT 2002

> I bought some vidalia oninons from a charity fundraiser once here, but
they weren't true vadilias and not as
> flavorful. But then, I spent many years on the georgia/florida border so I
got spoilt :) Maybe they were just old, or
> maybe grown in a place other than georgia.

They might have been old, but if they weren't grown in Georgia, they weren't
Vidalias. That's a protected name. There are other super-sweet onion
varieties, but if it doesn't come from one of five or so counties in
Georgia, it isn't a Vidalia onion.

Avraham

Avraham haRofeh of Northpass
     (mka Randy Goldberg MD)
OBTag: The four seasons are salt, pepper, mustard, and vinegar.