[Sca-cooks] Boiled peanuts/down home cookin'

Solstice Studios solstice at moscow.com
Tue Jun 18 22:54:06 PDT 2002

I make boiled peanuts here in north Idaho. I have to import the RAW peanuts though. Roasted don't work very well and
that is all on the shelves out here. At some of our informal events I have Alabama Tasting nights, where I serve
imported moon pies, boiled peanuts, and homemade fried okra.  I love serving the peanuts. the first response is "you
boiled WHAT?" the second response is, "HmM! Got any more??" they ARE addictive!

I bought some vidalia oninons from a charity fundraiser once here, but they weren't true vadilias and not as
flavorful. But then, I spent many years on the georgia/florida border so I got spoilt :) Maybe they were just old, or
maybe grown in a place other than georgia.

Hey you are in Missoula, huh? We were just there memorial day weekend.  We have some folks in that area looking at
coming to some of our activities over this way. If you wanted, hitch up with them, and let me know, I will make sure
to ahve some boiled peanuts , period or not, at our tavern IF I can get my grandpa in alabama to send me more of the
raw peanuts :)

-Aleska
solstice at moscow.com
Yahoogroups:
Caerleon-Alchemy for cooking, brewing, and simples
Caerleon-Announcements for historical activities in washington, Idaho, Montana
Caerleon-Discussion for chit chat