[Sca-cooks] Vidalia nionions...

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Jun 19 17:09:05 PDT 2002

I like this recipe--

Vidalia's Favorite Onion Dip
    Recipe courtesy Ruth Underwood
    3 cups chopped Vidalia onions
    3 cups shredded Swiss cheese
    2 1/2 cups mayonnaise
    Garlic salt, to taste

    Mix all ingredients and pour into
 greased 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
 Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes
    until lightly brown. Serve with corn chips.
    Yield: 30 servings
    Prep Time: 10 minutes
    Cook Time: 40 minutes

Cut the recipe down to only one cup onions, one cup cheese,
3/4 cup roughly mayo. Makes enough for a family evening.
This came from the episode on Vidalia's from FoodNation With
Bobby Flay show on the Food Network. I'd rather eat this than
the avocado dish that was making the rounds last week.

Johnna Holloway  Johnnae
--speaking of Food Network... Alton Brown is gonna be
in Ann Arbor on Friday Night. Guess where I'm gonna be?