[Sca-cooks] Entertaining stories for Lainie

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Thu Jun 20 20:33:47 PDT 2002

At 12:18 PM 6/21/02 +1000, you wrote:
>>--
>>It is my considered opinion that the Drakey person needs a keeper.
>
>Been there, done that...  Drakey's now been single for 9 months.
>Although I own a drill and a brush cutter and and never hurt myself
>with those... yet...

Knock on wood! (Hey- your head's handy- that'll do!)

>>Æduin, who now has a keeper and is off the "Single Cooks List" and is
>>resigning his position of Cabana Boy
>
>So, am I the only single male on this list or are there others?
>
>Drakey.

How technical you getting?

Last week, just after we all arrived in Denver for the memorial, a bunch of
teh family (my sweetie's family, that is) were hanging out in Barb (sister)
and Donna (aunt)'s room for a bit, lounging ont eh bed like we do at cons.
Anyway, Barb was telling us about this woman at work who really wants to
know if Barb has single brothers and can she meet them? Barb, who lives in
Tulsa, was explaining how she told the woman that she had a brother who's a
Major (almost Lt.Col.) in the Air Force, and he's in DC, and the older
brother who's married is a Lt.Col (res.) in the Marines, in Virginia. Well,
didn't Barb have another brother? And Barb says "I told her yes, he's in
Oregon, but he's kinda sorta spoken for" at which point I sat up with a big
"WHATT! Kinda sorta my a**! I SEW for that man! He's MINE!" Which cracked
everyone up, especially Aunt Donna, who thoough it was very funny.

Legal, schmegal. He's mine. I SEW for him. (Amongst other things.) :-D)

'Lainie