[Sca-cooks] Entertaining stories for Lainie

A F Murphy afmmurphy at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 21 11:12:28 PDT 2002

  Yes. Some years ago, I was involved with a man who drove me nuts,
because when he came to my house, he always brought dinner. Take out of
some sort, usually quite good... but he didn't let me cook for him. Took
me a while to realize it was because *he* was feeding me! Same need... I
finally learned to clarify "I'd love you to bring something! But next
week, I want to make..."

And, I'll never forget the day my dad died. My cousin happened to have
come by the hospital that afternoon, so he stayed with my brother and me
for the whole process, and took us out to dinner afterwards. Let us
talk... took care of us. It helped.

Anne